hurt asked: Is the KKDS game real and if so do you have any more info on it?
it’s real. the game is set after the events of the movie. a mad scientist named “Purpulu Tentaku” launches a weaponized airship to take over koriko. to stop him, the senior witch sends kiki, tombo, and ursula back in time a day before the airship launch. however, the spell fails and ursula is sent 200 years in the future, tombo is sent 200 years in the past, and kiki is returned to the present. you have to use all three characters to fix the spell, reunite in the present, and stop Purpulu Tentaku.
it was never published, but my uncle works at studio ghibli and managed to find a cd-rom of the partially finished game.
why is the tumblr dashbaord a big stupid doo doo piece of crap. i cant believe Theodore Yahoo payed one billion dollars for this web site
So, tonight we unveiled the new Big Dogs logo, concluding our 30 days of not jacking off at work.
We hadn’t updated our logo since Ethan from marketing got wasted and pissed on the laptop where we save all our image files. Our brand, as represented by the logo, has been valued at as much as ~$200 dollars. So, while it was time for a change, it’s not something we could do lightly.
On a personal level, I love brands, logos, color, design, playing two-hand touch, eating way too much, watching my team win, and, most of all … TWINS. ;)
So, one weekend this summer, I rolled up my sleeves on one of my favorite Big Dog Graphic Tees, and dove into the trenches with our logo design team: Bob who came up with the name “Big Dogs”, Marc who’s a piece of shit, Russ who brought snacks, and our intern Max who is the only employee who owns a computer at home. We spent the majority of Saturday and Sunday installing something called “Adobe Illustrator” which cost a shit ton of money, but Max said it was “totally worth it” and “required” to put a picture of a dog next to the words “Big Dogs”.
We knew we wanted a logo that reflected Big Dogs - big, yet also dogs. Dogs that were big, with a nod to big dogs. Having letters next to it, that spelled out our company name. Big Dogs.
Other elements fell quickly into place:
- We didn’t want to have any straight lines in the logo. Straight lines don’t exist in dogs and are extremely rare. We Yahoo’ed dogs for like five hours and couldn’t find a single straight line.
- We preferred letters that you could read. Max changed the font to some shit called Wingdings and wouldn’t change it back until Bob put him in a choke hold.
- Then Max started saying some shit about something called "serifs". Yeah ok, like that’s a real word.
- We locked Max in the bathroom after that and tried to use Adobe Illustrator ourselves.
- We gave up after a few minutes and let him out, but we didn’t let him eat any of the snacks Russ brought.
- Marc, like a real piece of shit, dropped salsa on the computer and jammed the caps lock key so we had to go with all uppercase.
And, we were off. Here is the blueprint of what we did, calling out the picture of the dog and the words you can read:
Our last move was to make the dog’s tongue stick out, so you know it’s a chill dog.
Prior to the weekend, we had also polled our employees on the changes they wanted to see. Interestingly, 87% of our employees did not give a flying fuck about our logo. In terms of specific things, our employees said:
- Why are you wasting so much time and money on this
- You can do this shit in like five minutes
- Just make sure there’s a dog on it
- And don’t spell Big Dogs wrong
- Seriously how do you fuck up spelling Big Dogs
While we hadn’t set out to please all our stupid employees, we gave them the finger and fired that one asshole who said we can’t spell.
Color and texture were pretty easy. Our black is black and our white is white. The other color is blue, I think. For the texture, it was pretty easy because it’s a freaking image. It’s flat.
Over the subsequent weeks, we’ve worked on various applications and treatments of the logo (truck nuts, bongs, tee shirts). No one noticed. We still haven’t told our intern Max that not only is he getting no money, this isn’t even giving him college credit. Maybe we’ll give him some tee shirts.
Here’s a music video that we played on repeat while we made the logo:
this could be the worst year of your life. mom dies, you lose your job, you get heartbroken. and every time you see luigi for the rest of your life you will remember this pain. your worst year was the year of luigi
i hope everyone that followed me for cute animal crossing pics enjoyed the shitting, pissing, nude hitler i put up last night
WAIT FUCK I WON THE XBOX ONE BUT ITS REGISTERED UNDER ‘KNUTTSACH JONES’ IM A FUCKING IDIOT
Slow down Katniss by 25% and what do you get? Will Ferrell.
- How the Logic of "Friendzoning" Would Work If Applied in Other Instances:*Man walks into a store and finds employee*Man:Alright, I've had enough. Why haven't you guys hired me?!... ...
next time someone tells you Muslim countries oppress women, let them know Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Turkey, Kosovo,...